Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using this site.
Use of our website(s) constitutes acceptance of all terms contained herein. If you do not accept any of the terms contained herein, you must cease use of our website(s) immediately.
Use of Content
Limitation on Liability
When using the Site, information will be transmitted using a medium beyond our control and jurisdiction and that of our suppliers. Accordingly, we assume no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of this Site.
This Site and the Content are provided on an “AS IS” basis. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE, OUR AFFILIATES, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS ALSO MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO WHETHER THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS SITE, OR ANY WEB SITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED, IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, TRUTHFUL OR CURRENT. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of all information, opinions and other material on this Site or any Website with which it is linked. Price information and promotions are subject to change without notice. Without limiting the foregoing, we and our affiliates, licensors and suppliers make no representations or warranties about the following:
- The software, text, graphics, links, or communications provided on or through the use of this Site or related material from us.
- The satisfaction of any government regulations requiring disclosure of information on any products (e.g. prescription drugs) with regard to the Content contained on this Site.
By voluntarily submitting any information, communications, or content (including, but not limited to, photos, videos, personal stories, anecdotes and jokes) (each a “Submitted Item”) to this Site and/or Communities (as defined below), you agree such submissions are non-confidential for all purposes and you grant us and our affiliates and partners worldwide an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, fully sub-licensable, right and license to use, display, publicly perform, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, adapt, make derivative works of, sublicense and otherwise commercially and non-commercially exploit your Submitted Items and all copyright, trade secret, trademark or other intellectual property rights therein, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed (including but not limited to print, film or electronic storage devices), without compensation of any kind to you or any third party, and the right to include your name and city of residence in connection with any such use. Each Submitted Item is also subject to such other terms and conditions as any of the affiliates and partners may specify for particular submissions. By submitting material to us, you represent and warrant you have full authority to grant the rights set forth above and your material will not, in whole or in part, infringe the intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other rights of any third party. You further represent and warrant you have attained the legal age of majority in your state/province (18 in most states/provinces); A parent or guardian must submit on behalf of any minor. The submission of any Submitted Item in no way creates any obligation or duty on our part or the part of any affiliate and partner to post or use such Submitted Item or, if we do so, to give you credit. We may contact you via phone, email or mail regarding your submission.
DMCA Notice and Customer Care
You agree you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that infringe or violate any rights of any party. It is our policy not to permit materials known by us to be infringing to remain on the Site. You should notify us promptly if you believe any materials on the Site, including advertisements, or materials available on or through links, frames, indexes and directories linked to this Site, infringe a third-party copyright. Upon our receipt of a proper notice of claimed infringement under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”), we will respond expeditiously to remove, or disable access to, the material claimed to be infringing and will follow the procedures specified in the DMCA to resolve the claim between the notifying party and the alleged infringer who provided the content at issue.
Please contact us at the address listed at the bottom of this section for copyright infringement notices only. If you have a question about us, a general inquiry, or need to contact us for any reason, please contact us at [email protected]
To provide notice of claimed copyright infringement only:
625 First Street #183
Alexandria, VA 22314
It is our policy to terminate contractual relationships regarding content with third parties who repeatedly infringe the copyrights of others.
The Online Communities
We are happy to introduce within the Site various online communities, such as mail lists, comments, and/or other public forums (collectively, the “Communities”). The Communities are a service intended to provide you with forums for the free-flowing exchange of information and opinions. With your help, the Communities can be an informative experience for all. We encourage your participation but asks you to remember you are solely responsible for the content of messages you post. We do not and cannot review every message posted (but reserves the right to do so).
- You are 13 years or older to participate.
- The information you submit to the Communities shall not be deemed confidential, and shall be publicly available to third parties. You agree not to reveal any private information, including but not limited to health, financial and personally identifiable information, if you do not wish this information to be published. Furthermore, you agree not to reveal the health or other private information of third parties without their knowledge and consent.
- Content available through the Communities is provided “AS IS,” and you are solely responsible for your reliance on and use of such content. We are not responsible for the consequences of any communications made through the Communities. In cases where you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, you should take appropriate action such as contacting your local law enforcement agency immediately. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.
- You agree not to use the Communities for any purpose in violation of local, state, or federal regulations.
- You agree not to upload to or distribute or otherwise publish through the Communities any content that violates or infringes the copyright, trademark, or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party.
- The Communities may be used only for non-commercial purposes. You agree not to, without our express approval, distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods or services.
- Messages, information, or other materials posted to the Communities are subject to use by us and our licensees in any medium (now in existence or hereafter developed), for any purpose, in perpetuity without further notice or any compensation of any kind to you or any third party. The submission of such materials in no way creates any obligation or duty on our part to post or use such materials, or to give you any credit.
- You agree not to post chain letters or pyramid schemes; impersonate another person or allow another person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments; distribute viruses or other harmful computer code; harvest or otherwise collect information about others (including email addresses) without their consent; or post the same note more than once or “spam.”
- You agree not to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or post comments not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free form), or otherwise engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Communities or the Site, or which, in our sole judgment, exposes us or any of our affiliates, licensors, licensees, customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
We reserve the right (but are not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Record the dialogue submitted through the Communities.
- Delete, move or edit communications determined, in our sole discretion, to be abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark laws, otherwise illegal, disruptive, or otherwise unacceptable for any reason.
- Monitor, edit or disclose any communication posted in the Communities.
- Edit or delete any communication(s) posted in the Communities or anywhere on this Site, regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
We reserve the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of our guests or the public. We have no liability or responsibility to users of this Site or the Communities or any other person or entity for performance or nonperformance of the aforementioned activities.
Advertisements and Links to Other Sites
We are based in Alexandria, Virginia in the United States of America. We make no claim the Content is appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States. Access to and contact or input to the Content may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If you access the Site from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
You expressly agree exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute with us, or in any way relating to your use of the Site, resides in the courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia and you further agree and expressly consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in the courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia in connection with any such dispute, including any claim involving us and/or any of our affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, contractors, officers, directors, telecommunication providers and content providers.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you find this Site helpful and convenient to use. If you have questions or comments regarding this Site, please send a letter to American Update, 625 First Street #183, Alexandria, VA 22314.
Last Updated June 2019