Former ‘Home Improvement’ star Zachery Ty Bryan has now plead guilty to the charges of menacing and fourth-degree assault and has been sentenced to three years of probation as part of a plea deal.
The charges originally stem from an incident last year in which Bryan was accused of attacking and attempting to strangle his then girlfriend.
As The New York Post reports:
“Home Improvement” actor Zachery Ty Bryan cut a plea deal Tuesday to avoid jail time in the “choking” attack on his girlfriend in Oregon last year, according to reports.
The 39-year-old actor pleaded guilty to misdemeanor counts of menacing and fourth-degree assault in exchange for three years of probation in the Oct. 16, 2020, attack on his girlfriend in his Eugene apartment, KEZI-TV said Tuesday.
'Home Improvement' star Zachery Ty Bryan convicted on two counts in Eugene domestic violence case https://t.co/mOibsrVaq7
— Statesman Journal (@Salem_Statesman) February 24, 2021
Prosecutors agreed to drop six other charges — which included strangulation and coercion — against Bryan, the station said…
According to police documents obtained by TMZ at the time, the actor’s girlfriend told police he woke, pulled her by her hair and started beating her while shouting obscenities — and choked her to the point that she feared she would suffocate.