Bill O’Reilly Stops Sexual Harassment Accuser From Appearing On ‘The View’ With Restraining Order

By Justin Hoch, CC BY 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=16673668

“The View” was forced to postpone a Wednesday interview with Bill O’Reilly accuser Andrea Mackris when the former Fox News host filed a restraining order against her on Tuesday.  

Mackris made headlines last week when she bucked her non-disclosure agreement to detail the sexual harassment she allegedly experienced while working for O’Reilly and the process of settling her claim against him for $9 million in 2004.   

“We were notified late yesterday about a temporary restraining order issued by a court against Andrea Mackris. We decided to postpone her interview pending further developments,” the morning talk show said in a statement. “We look forward to welcoming her to ‘The View’ at a later date.”

In Mackris’ interview with The Daily Beast, she recounted how O’Reilly would repeatedly describe his sexual fantasies to her over phone calls while he was masturbating on the other end.  

“He always wanted me to join him in masturbating on the phone. I never did. He mocked my lack of participation as ‘hibernation’ and ‘celibacy,’” she said. “Once again, like every other time, I asked him why he continued to do this when I only ever said ‘No’ and ‘Please stop’ and ‘You’re my boss.’ 

“I was trying to snap him out of it, I was thinking that it would click for him one of these times how wrong this was. I wanted very badly for him to stop and I made that abundantly clear,“ she continued. “Instead, he said, ‘I know, but I’m going to make you play.’ Here was my boss, a man who held my career and future in his hands, acknowledging that he knew I’d never consented but he didn’t care.”

That was the instance that led Mackris to file the harassment suit against him, which effectively ended her career in journalism and bought her silence. “It was part of the NDA on October 28, 2004. I had no choice, no way out. He uses it to abuse me,” she claimed. “That same document says Bill won’t breach, which he’s done over and over, calling me a liar. It cuts both ways.”  

Now that same non-disclosure agreement is keeping her from speaking out 17 years later. “Ms. Mackris cannot unilaterally decide that she no longer wants to honor its terms without consequences,” O’Reilly’s lawyer stated. “And third parties, including news organizations, who encourage and/or induce a breach of such an agreement will similarly be held accountable for their actions.”

“Although (The Daily Beast) was fully aware of the contractual restrictions on Ms. Mackris, they proceeded with the programs giving Ms. Mackris a platform to breach her agreement,” the attorney concluded.


Subscribe
Notify of
guest
10 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Clifton Brewer
Clifton Brewer
1 year ago

Wow, hang up the stupid phone, but make sure you at least get one of these “many” calls recorded first. Then you’d have the upper hand in the matter.

Mark Brickey
Mark Brickey
1 year ago

I always have the same questions which none have come back to answer:

  1. This chick isn’t even cute! WHY would someone like O’Reilly chase her when he can get about anyone he’d want?
  2. Why does this all come out decades after happening? Do these chicks just wake up one morning and it dawns on them that something happened? This is why I think there should a 5 year statute of limitations
  3. IF this is true and it was so devastatingly bad working conditions, WHY did you stay around? The pay, perks and benefits are THAT good that you’d put up with this activity?

This is why I don’t believe even 1/2 of what I hear. Yeah, lawsuits are paid off, but sometimes that’s easier than fighting the battle.

Rick
Rick
1 year ago
Reply to  Mark Brickey

I am in complete agreement. Although I strongly believe that if such accusations are found to be false. Then the accusers should be sentenced to a minimum of five calendar years in prison. That means absolutely no parole. Five years day for day.

Teresa
Teresa
1 year ago
Reply to  Mark Brickey

I think she is just out for whatever monies she can get. If it truly happened , she would have said something at the time. I thin she is just another “Me Too”. person who is trying to make money.

Gert
Gert
1 year ago

Oh! What tangles webs we weave when we practice to deceive. Phones hang up just as easy as they pick up. Wondering if this Twit has run through that settlement money..

Milos Leubner
Milos Leubner
1 year ago

classic money grab in the current insane society of non sexuals . No wonder that “someone” is destroying our Republic due to such general mal functioning on so many sides . Can he claim that he heard her salivating ,breathing heavily and smacking her lips ? For God’s sake you are replacing your Creation given functions for toys you can only take to your coffin with you .Maybe it is centered only in Hollywood , the false images which replace peoples daily lives will eventually kill your soul. Don’t vaccinate and live.

Thomas Bodine
Thomas Bodine
1 year ago

Nail her Bill if you haven’t already

Bill
Bill
1 year ago

We will continue to see more of the “she said-he said” as long as our media and judicial system choose to believe fantasy over fact. Certain media thrives on and makes money from what is a doubtful “tell-all”. It seems no one is accountable for truth or the lack thereof.

Lynn
1 year ago

I’d like to see some Biden sexual accusers on The View.

Carol
Carol
1 year ago

I’m sick and tired of women dressing like bimbos and tempting and leading men on. It’s getting old. Women need to take responsibility for their own actions. We know these women are not innocent angels as they want us to believe. And the news media is just looking for trash because it excites them and some of them are guilty of what they are accusing others of.