ICE Nabs Fugitive Wanted For Assaulting Child Who Was Previously Released By Border Patrol

Border Patrol released a foreign fugitive wanted for assaulting a minor who was able to remain in the U.S. for roughly two years before her arrest, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

ICE nabbed the 35-year-old Brazilian national, who crossed into the U.S. near San Luis, Arizona, in 2021, on Nov. 30 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the agency said Thursday. She was convicted of bodily injury and threatening a minor in 2014 in Brazil, whose authorities have been attempting to track her down.

After crossing into the U.S., she was placed in “removal proceedings,” according to ICE. She was ordered removed by an immigration judge in May of 2023.

“Foreign fugitives who attempt to hide in our region to avoid the punishments they have been handed in their native country will be aggressively pursued, detained, and removed,” ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) Boston Field Office Director Todd M. Lyons said in a statement.

“This convicted foreign fugitive was successfully apprehended and will now have to face the consequences of her actions. ERO Boston remains committed to removing these individuals from our New England communities. Our team will apprehend them and make sure they face justice,” Lyons added.

ERO arrested 46,396 noncitizens with criminal pasts with 198,498 associated charges and convictions, including 21,531 assault offenses; 8,164 sex and sexual assault offenses; 5,554 weapons offenses; 1,501 homicide-related offenses; and 1,114 kidnapping offenses in fiscal year 2022, the agency said.

Jennie Taer on December 8, 2023


Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments