Former Access Hollywood host Billy Bush opened up about how he learned he was fired after the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape involving then candidate Donald Trump was released. As The Daily Mail reports:
…In an interview with CBS This Morning host Gayle King, Bush revealed that he was preparing to head in to NBC’s Rockefeller Center studio when he discovered he had been terminated by the network.
‘I was told, “You’re good. Don’t worry about it. It’s not you. You didn’t say anything,”‘ said Bush of the network’s response after the ‘p***ygate’ audio was leaked by one of his co-workers to The Washington Post.
‘It was leaked on a Friday and then Sunday morning I walked out of that door right over there with my bags to go back to work and the driver said, “I’m sorry. They’ve canceled the car.”
And now, after honoring the terms of his three-year contract with NBC, Bush is back as the host of Extra Extra this fall.
Truly a strange way to find out you’ve been fired.