Eagles Star DeSean Jackson Challenged By Holocaust Survivor After Sharing Anti-Semitic Quote

By Keith Allison - Flickr

Eagles star DeSean Jackson was challenged by a 94-year-old survivor of the Holocaust to visit Nazi concentration camps after tweeting out a vile anti-semitic smear.

As The Daily Wire reports:

A 94-year-old Holocaust survivor invited DeSean Jackson to visit Nazi concentration camps after the Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver posted an anti-Semitic quote to Instagram on Monday.

Edward Mosberg penned an open letter to Jackson on Tuesday after Jackson shared a quote alleging a Jewish conspiracy to oppress black people. According to ESPN, the since-deleted quote that Jackson wrongly attributed to Adolf Hitler claimed white Jews “will blackmail America. [They] will extort America, their plan for world domination won’t work if the Negroes know who they were.” Jackson also expressed admiration for Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.

Mosberg’s response was shared by the official Twitter account of From The Depths, a millennial-run organization that “aims to preserve the memory of the Holocaust and to give a name to those who were brutally murdered,” according to its website. Mosberg is an honorary chairman of the organization, the name of which is a reference to Psalm 130.

“Almost my entire family was murdered by the German Nazis during the Holocaust,” Mosberg began. “I survived multiple German Nazi death camps, including the Mauthausen concentration camp, my late wife was a survivor of Auschwitz-Birkenau.”

The Philadelphia Eagles were then forced to release a statement about Jackson’s horrendous tweet:

Anonymous
Anonymous
10 months ago

Consider the source, The only thing this guy can do is run a football so don’t be outraged by anything this guy says.

Reply to  Anonymous

Well, he does have a big mouth and can talk trash. He’s good at that too. Not much more that I can think of right now.
KAG2020! TRUMP2020!

Mikey
Mikey
10 months ago

Hmmmm…let’s say the guy were white and expressing admiration for a top KKK figure. He would have been shown the door before the Eagles even posted their apology – and never picked up a football again.

Reply to  Mikey

Yup!
KAG2020! TRUMP2020!

Charles M.
Charles M.
Reply to  Mikey

I agree 100 percent ,everything is the white peoples fault .

Kdub
Kdub
9 months ago
Reply to  Mikey

Indeed he would be. And never heard from again….

SJS
SJS
9 months ago
Reply to  Mikey

Yep! He would have been gone in a heart beat if he was white. On the other hand, I would hope he takes up the offer to visit death camps and learn the difference between REALITY and Social Media trash. Might be nice if the Eagle’s team management told him he needed to do that before any ‘meaningful’ conversation could continue. Perhaps, hopefully, . . .

hale Joel
hale Joel
10 months ago

How anyone can keep paying for going to games and/or seasons tickets to watch these wack-a-doodles run up and down a court/field is beyond my understanding. Stop paying to be insulted by these so called “athletes”.

Reply to  hale Joel

I quit quite awhile ago. About the time that first knee touched the ground.
KAG2020! TRUMP2020!

Mikevet6970
Mikevet6970
10 months ago

Blocking my previous comment. Worse than Twitter and u-tube. Time to say goodbye.

Reply to  Mikevet6970

Mike, I just had a reply blocked too. I dared to mention the irony of the situation and the fact that I absolutely “abandoned” the failed league quite some time ago.
KAG2020! TRUMP2020!

Scott
Scott
10 months ago

Thoughtful people don’t watch the NFL after their Kaepernick cowardice; now they have compounded it with the “Black National Anthem,” whatever that divisive song is. When entertainment becomes more important than principle, the country is lost.

Kdub
Kdub
9 months ago
Reply to  Scott

It would appear it is already lost….

Victor
Victor
10 months ago

Wow if a white man said something like this about a black person there would be cities burning and from the woke dem o rats and terrorists like artifacts
I do not like to listen to trash like this, no I am not Jewish but I find this extra milky offensive
A Retired Msgt

Beth
Beth
10 months ago

I pray for this man! He needs to stop and research before believing what others say !!!

Patriot
Patriot
Reply to  Beth

No amount of praying is going to save this guy.

JT
JT
10 months ago

As a former pro football player I am very close to giving up on the NFL because of its policies. I don’t expect them to care but the league will perhaps have a marginal fan for whatever product they plan to field..but..much more craziness like this and I am gone forever. I am 67 and want to enjoy every day I have left on this planet.

Bernie99
Bernie99
10 months ago

Just one of the many reasons to not bother with the NFL.

ABUTOM
ABUTOM
10 months ago

TIME TO START A NEW FOOTBALL LEAGUE. HOW ABOUT THE PROAMERICANFOOTBALL LEAGUE? WE DON’T NEED BIG MONEY COMMUNISTS WE JUST NEED GUYS WHO TRY AND ARE PROUD TO BE AMERICAN. ANY SUGGESTIONS. [email protected]

Gene Ralno
Gene Ralno
10 months ago

Every time I read one of these verbal exchanges, I’m thankful that I had the wisdom to quit wasting my time. The instant I heard about that illiterate 49’er second stringer, I never watched another NFL game. I loved football and missed it for awhile but today, I find my radio more enjoyable and I have more time for family. For now, I still enjoy college football, especially my alma mater, but it’s not the same.

Daisy
Daisy
10 months ago

So it’s not okay to say unkind things about black people, but it’s okay for black people to say unkind things about everybody else? That sort of sounds like racism to me. If these people think the American people will put up with his unfair narrative, I think they will have a surprise in November. I hope so anyway because these people are very dangerous and if they win in November the country will be destroyed.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Super schmuck.

John J
John J
10 months ago

If it was a white player he’d be drummed out of the game

Reply to  John J

Absolutely! You’re spot on!
KAG2020! TRUMP2020!

10 months ago

DeSean Jackson? Who cares. Doesn’t he have something to do with that soon to be bankrupt football league here in the U.S.?
Thought so. Another American icon destroyed by the left…
ciao Jackson, NFL… it was a fun ride while it lasted. No more wasting my time with y’all from me. Oh, and I truly could care less about what Jackson has to say…
KAG2020! TRUMP2020!

TPS
TPS
10 months ago

The people in the stands paying high prices for seats, concessions and all the sports apparel are the ones allowing this to continue. Giving money to people, organizations and causes so they can continue to insult you. Time to ask yourself what are you doing?