Fox and Friends Host Loses Job After Showing up to Work Sick During Early Days of Pandemic

Fox News has parted ways with a talk show host who came into work visibly ill during the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic.

Heather Childers, the former host of the four-a.m. hour of Fox and Friends First, alarmed Fox News’ staffers when she showed up to work on March 18 and was obviously sick during filming.  According to Childers, she visited a doctor after wrapping for the day and was told she was fine.

The TV host returned to work the next day while she was still clearly ill and was reportedly sent home prior to shooting her morning show. She has not appeared on her show or the channel since.

A spokesperson for Fox News released a statement this week that Childers was no longer with the network. “Fox News and Heather Childers have parted ways. We wish her all the best.”

The former host didn’t go willingly. Childers took to social media to petition for her return to the network in late March. When asked on Twitter why she was no longer appearing in the four-a.m. slot, she replied that she had “Coughed & sneezed on air,” went on to report her due diligence by visiting a doctor, who claimed she was fine, and “Haven’t been back since.”

Days later she posted a video that showed her negative Covid-19 test results, and in a separate post claimed that she, “Never went to work feeling sick,” but got tested because she was told it would be “most helpful.“

After weeks off the air, at a network she had been hosting on since 2012, Childers tweeted to President Trump for help.  “I’ve had TWO negative COVID19 test results,” she desperately posted, “Can I go back to work?”

According to Fox News, she can’t.

32 COMMENTS

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Allen
Allen
10 days ago

Never watched that show, but Fox News is becoming a joke to me. I no longer (and have not for a long time probably three or more years) watch Fox, because I am not sure they are much better than CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC. I am sure I left out someone, but no mainstream media is allowed on my TV.

John
John
Reply to  Allen

Agree with you I stop watching after 9 am won’t wat h it again till 8 till 10 pm rest of its garbage

David
David
5 days ago
Reply to  Allen

Hey, Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham are the best shows on cable TV. Tucker received the highest ratings of all cable shows in June of this year. Go back to CNN, idiot.

No longer a fan
No longer a fan
10 days ago

Old man Murdoch doesn’t control Fox News anymore, his liberal children do. Enough said.

OldeRose
OldeRose
10 days ago

There is at least one big piece missing from this picture. The Spartan work ethic is not the reason. Can you spell pretextual?

10 days ago

That’s really to bad. I liked her cheerfulness and happy demeanor. Not hard to look at either. I hope they either allow her back or hopefully she can sue them.

Mark Winters
Mark Winters
10 days ago

Absurd. FOX is WRONG on this. Every cold ( I’d like to see proof that noone ever came to work with a regilar cold ), is NOT the Bubonic Plague ( covid 19 i mean ). This has all gone way too far. Irrational overreaction!

ernaldo
ernaldo
10 days ago

Weird. The pathetic juan williams has shown up stupid every day, but keeps his fox gig? OAN gets more of my viewing time every day.

PDC
PDC
Reply to  ernaldo

@ernaldo – best comment I’ve read in a long time…and that’s saying something!

Doug
Doug
5 days ago
Reply to  PDC

Reply to  ernaldo

He his awful dumb or plain dishonest.

DGD
DGD
Reply to  ernaldo

He his awful dumb or plain dishonest.

Reply to  ernaldo

Juan is a NPR reject who got fired because his views didn’t line up with theirs so you can imagine their views same as AOC and Bernie and slow Joe

9 days ago
Reply to  ernaldo

I wish I could get OAN on my TV. I understand that I should be able to get it on my computer, but so far, I haven’t found it.

CrustyOldGeezer
CrustyOldGeezer
5 days ago
Reply to  Anonymous

Get a ROKU!

If you have highspeed internet (10mbs or better) oan is 4.99 per month, newsmax is free, and thousands of channels free or little cost.

The BEST PROGRAMMING comes from overseas if it’s crime, drama or comedy you want.

CrustyOldGeezer
CrustyOldGeezer
5 days ago
Reply to  Anonymous

try oann.com

10 days ago

I watch Fox at 4 and 5 AM. Nothing after that. I’m sorry they let her go.

Doug
Doug
5 days ago
Reply to  Anonymous

Julia T.
Julia T.
10 days ago

I’ve been done with Fox for awhile now. The left will NEVER trust them and now the right will NEVER trust them. I think they’ve seen their best days…

WIJoe47
WIJoe47
10 days ago

Looks like NewsMax TV for me. As soon as Hannity’s contract is up, Fox will be washed up.

D D
D D
10 days ago

This is ridiculous and she should definitely sue them as this was an unjust termination. I cough and sneeze all the time because I have allergies and asthma but I’m not sick with Covid19. No fever, loss of taste or smell, no aches or pains just my normal respiratory problems I’ve always had. You definitely show not be able to terminate someone who tests negative.

Yvette
Yvette
9 days ago
Reply to  D D

I agree, She should sue them.

Terry L Earl
Terry L Earl
10 days ago

FOX is letting America down. It appears the family supports radical leftists, and plays both sides for profit. Give the people one message during the day and then the total opposite during the evenings? You either support this nation or you don’t. Quit palying both sides FOX. It’s too bad that the family sides so much with tearing down America!!

Danny
Danny
5 days ago
Reply to  Terry L Earl

HH.
She is a nice lady and needs to come back on Fox. Shame on you Fox.

10 days ago

Fox has gone way of fruitcakes lately ?

ONLYJB1
ONLYJB1
10 days ago

Well, you got SCREWED! Now what are you gonna do?

sschultz@amcomminc.com
10 days ago

DUE TO LIBBYTARDIC SONS AND DIZZZNEY THEY ARE NONE BETTER THAN CNN REALLY!

SG
SG
10 days ago

FOX just keeps getting worst

lew
lew
10 days ago

take her back..it isn’t fair what they did to her

Yvette
Yvette
9 days ago

It was just a excuse to get rid of her so they can make room for another Liberal nut job! They have been trying to get rid of all of them for a long time, Tucker will be next.

Roan Garcia-Quintana
Roan Garcia-Quintana
5 days ago

I never cared for this lady – her voice early in the morning or at anytime for that matter, made me cringe. Won’t miss her.

Must Read

Country Music Icon Bill Mack Dead of Covid-19

Country legend Bill Mack died of health complications from Covid-19 at the age of 91.   The Texas Country Music Hall of Famer’s passing was announced...