Trump Blasts Athletes Who Kneel for National Anthem: ‘It’s Disgraceful,’ Vows Not To Back Down, Even If He Loses

Wikimedia Commons, By VOA News

President Trump blasted on professional athletes who recently decided to kneel during the American national anthem, saying that he found their behavior disgraceful.

Trump also went so far as to declare his indifference to whether or not his stance against the radical Black Lives Matter group would cost him votes in November, stating that if he loses for expressing that view ‘that’s O.K.’

As The Daily Wire reports:

“I think it’s disgraceful,” Trump said of the “new norm” of professional athletes kneeling for the “Star-Spangled Banner.” “I was pushing them to get open, then I see everybody kneeling during the anthem. It’s not acceptable to me.”…

The president then took on the Black Lives Matter organization, boasting about his work for the black community and slamming the activist group for their anti-police rhetoric and “Marxist” ties.

“Black Lives Matter, where did it start?” posed Trump, “Marching down streets screaming, ‘Pigs in a blanket, Fry ’em like bacon’ — they were talking about policemen, police men and women. ‘Pigs in a blanket, Fry ’em like bacon.’”…

“Hey, if I’m wrong,” he said, “I’m gonna lose an election, okay? And that’s okay with me. But I will always stand for our country and our flag.”

Frankf
Frankf
1 year ago

All who hate the US and will not honor of flag need to get out of this country and go somewhere else. All you people making millions of dollars off fans in the US need to go to one of countries who will kiss your butt

Diane Riddell
Diane Riddell
1 year ago

I don’t think this should be a great cause for anxiety; there are many, many more “silent” Americans who despise the kneeling than are for it and will back Trump on this.

BUNNY WATTS
BUNNY WATTS
Reply to  Diane Riddell

Amen!!! You are so right Diane. Bunmny

Jim
Jim
Reply to  BUNNY WATTS

I won’t watch any of it. My roomie doesn’t understand why. I can’t seem to make her understand that I watched sports for the game, nothing else. Now that it’s political, it’s propaganda with a ball. Sorry, not interested.

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl
Reply to  Jim

Jim, I totally agree with you!
Tell your roomie to read a history book.

catnip
catnip
Reply to  Jim

I am a BIG NFL fan……..now DONE! No going to games or even watching them.no NBA either. And I am not the only one in my family and circle of friends, we’re ALL DONE!

cadreamer7
cadreamer7
Reply to  catnip

I know a few people who have watched NFL all their lives and like you catnip are now done.

Pete
Pete
Reply to  Diane Riddell

Believe me I am one of them. I will back Trump come hell or high water. I will never back down.BTW, Trump will win 2020 it’s not a prediction it’s a reality.

Craig Hoelzel
Craig Hoelzel
1 year ago

God bless President Trump. He is a TRUE AMERICAN. Black Lives Matter is a CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION and the athletes not standing for the flag and National Anthem are DISGUSTING UNAMERICAN people and need to leave the country if they’re that unhappy!

masr
masr
1 year ago

Thank you, President Trump!
It is God who raises up leaders and brings them down.
Praying for wisdom strength and protection for you and your advisors.
Praying for the USA.

Barbara Whipple
Barbara Whipple
Reply to  masr

Amen. I also pray for him and our country every night. I ask God to keep him safe and lead this country back to the place we all know and love.

gerald serlin
1 year ago

I think that the stand he took is more likely to make him win, than lose.

cadreamer7
cadreamer7
Reply to  gerald serlin

I hope so Gerald. Besides this who in their right mind is going to vote for someone with early dementia. I feel sorry for anyone with dementia including Biden but I don’t want a president who has it.

Penelope
Penelope
Reply to  cadreamer7

cadreamer, yo said the qualifier – “in their right mind”…the left has no mind, no heart, no soul, so they’ll vote for Unca Joe. Did you see Tlaib secured her win in Detroit the other day. As she said, “We’re back and we’re stronger than ever.” Are we in trouble or what with the likes of that garbage, re-elected and now threatening us even more.

rick reeve
5 months ago
Reply to  cadreamer7

looks like nu was wrong

Richard Hennessy
Richard Hennessy
Reply to  gerald serlin

If standing up for what is right costs President Trump an electoral defeat, the Country will unfortunately get what it deserves.

Richard Hennessy
Richard Hennessy
1 year ago

Nice to have a patriotic President who stands on principle and doesn’t cower from every criticism.

Walter
Walter
1 year ago

With draw all grants for new buildings, and anything to do with any sport that allows this to happen and this include Colleges. All so from any company that contributes to any sport. No tax money for any of this.

Walter
Walter
1 year ago

Barr them from ever playing in this country again. Bendick Arnold was banned from this country and was never allowed to see it again. Do the same for the traitors.

I LOVE AMERICA!
1 year ago

TRUMP-Only Said: “OUT LOUD” What Every AMERICAN FEELS… We Will NEVER Condone This Disgraceful Behavior. You can find a different way to make your issues known. CAUSING FELLOW AMERICAN’S PAIN Is NOT THE WAY. … It Actually HURTS MY HEART to watch my Beloved Athletes Kneel during our: CHERISHED NATIONAL ANTHEM. … The one thing I LOVE About The NATIONAL ANTHEM? Is The Fact That We Are All EQUAL In That Moment! When We Stand Shoulder-to-Shoulder and Eye-To-Eye And Show Our MUTUAL LOVE FOR OUR COUNTRY. … It’s A Healing Experience. (I FEEL ROBBED.) I will never go aling with this. FIND ANOTHER WAY PLEASE.

I LOVE AMERICA!
1 year ago

“NO POLITIC’S” IN “SPORTS” … Let’s Just Play Ball! … Please, “BAN””ALL POLITICS FROM SPORTING EVENTS! … Problem Solved, DO IT NOW Before The Season;’s BEGIN!

Sue
Sue
1 year ago

These so-called “athletes” are nothing more than un-American, brainwashed copy cats! They can’t think for themselves and are easily led. They are RIPE CANDIDATES for groups like Antifa, BLM, etc. since they are EASILY led and controlled.

Stephen
Stephen
1 year ago

I’m proud of the president and his stance against the athletes kneeling during the National Anthem.

Ernst
Ernst
1 year ago

It is outstanding to have a President who respects the US and who shows that respect. After several apologist Presidents, President Trump is great. Obama was a disgrace to the the US!

John J
1 year ago

The over paid, under educated morons should get out of America

frank
frank
1 year ago

he got over 301 thousand likes for the comment. i think that’s the most likes i’ve ever seen for one of his tweets, ever.

Floyd Hardee
1 year ago

Sporting events were never meant to be political platforms. Those who refuse to stand for the Flag or Anthem should be fired on the spot, and told this is a business, not a political stage. You are not here for your political views or other causes. You are here to play football, basketball, baseball, soccer, or whatever sport. Rent a stadium or make TV ads to express your personal beliefs. Join a political Party, but at work you are there to work, not send personal. or political messages to your audience. Get that through your stupid heads.

William Towe
Reply to  Floyd Hardee

No it will not help him lose the election, but it will certainly
Help him win the election…..4 more years

joe
joe
1 year ago

They want to disrespect our flag, should move to china,/Iran and see how it works out for them, Still will be losers.

American_League
1 year ago

For every dissatisfied Progressive that leaves the U.S. for good, let a hard working immigrant take their place. Let the games begin!

jjjj
jjjj

I stand with Trump!

Tony Winters
Tony Winters
1 year ago

I have started to compile a list of the companies that sponsor the NFL, NBA, WNBA, MLB and have already started to find other products. It might not make a whole lot of difference compared to the amount of money the NBA gets from the Chinese Communist Party but it will make me feel better knowing that I am not aiding the cause of the CCP to destroy this country.

B Bruce Bluemel
1 year ago

And can you believe the the NBA sold out to Communist China????? How sad that the Jocks have so little love for the country that made their millions. I would suggest that the whole game of NBA basketball relocate to China and good riddance

rick reeve
5 months ago

anyone who takes a knee should not be allowed to play that game and kicked off the field