Victoria’s Secret Ditches ‘Angels’ for Gay Soccer Star

By Lorie Shaull from St Paul, United States - Megan Rapinoe, CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=81954266

Victoria’s Secret is losing its sex appeal to “evolve” with the woke times, and has dismissed the brand’s fleet of heavenly supermodels to embrace “gender equity advocates.”

To replace the likes of Heide Klum, Gisele Bundchen, and Adriana Lima, the lingerie retailer has tapped a slew of “women famous for their achievements and not their proportions.” The new “VS Collective” campaign will feature U.S. women’s soccer star Megan Rapinoe, who said the message that the Angels sent was “really harmful.”

“As a gay woman,” Rapinoe remarked, “I think a lot about what we think is sexy, and we are afforded the ability to do that, because I don’t have to wear the traditional sexy thing to be sexy and I don’t think the traditional thing is sexy when it comes to my partner or people I’ve dated.”

She also noted that the company’s previous way of marketing lingerie was, “patriarchal, sexist, viewing not just what it meant to be sexy but what the clothes were trying to accomplish through a male lens and through what men desired. And it was very much marketed toward younger women.”

In addition to Rapinoe, the brand has hired “Eileen Gu, a 17-year-old Chinese American freestyle skier and soon-to-be Olympian; the 29-year-old biracial model and inclusivity advocate Paloma Essler, who was the rare size 14 woman on the cover of Vogue; and Priyanka Chopra Jonas, a 38-year-old Indian actor and tech investor.”

In 2019, former CEO Leslie Wexner said the Angel’s era was over. “Fashion is a business of change. We must evolve and change to grow. With that in mind, we have decided to rethink the traditional Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show,” he announced.

Current CEO Martin Waters claims that “Right now, I don’t see [the Angels] as being culturally relevant.” He’s been waiting to execute them since before he got the job title. “I’ve known that we needed to change this brand for a long time, we just haven’t had the control of the company to be able to do it.”

Erleebird
Erleebird
4 months ago

What a crock! See how many men run to Victoria’s Secret for their lovely wives and lady friends! Only WOKE idiots will be customers!

Robert Freddie: Lain
Robert Freddie: Lain
Reply to  Erleebird

In full agreement. Will not get anything from victoria’s secret again.

Mikey
Mikey
Reply to  Erleebird

“Woke” idiots.
There is some other kind?

Maggie
Maggie
4 months ago

I can hardly wait. I’d rather eat dirt

Richard Clifford
Richard Clifford

Idiots!

Keith Clark
Keith Clark
4 months ago

A store full of Blue haired Bull Dykes. I hope that’s what they had in mind????

Ann
Ann
4 months ago

Guess it’s time to start looking for another overpriced bra. Rapíñoe must be really offering sacrifices because her “woke” self is EVERYWHERE! I’m sick of seeing her toxic male self!

Rod
Rod
4 months ago

These companies need to grow a pair of balls

Patriottx
Patriottx
3 months ago
Reply to  Rod

I second that motion!

Lan Huynh
Lan Huynh
4 months ago

Now fashion is going politics because they don’t want to be left behind!!!
It’s horrible!

Barry Holben
Barry Holben
4 months ago

Well enjoy your change as you tumble into oblivion.

Pissed Off American
Pissed Off American
4 months ago

HA, HA,HA, HA, I guess the old “Sex Sells” is dead and you must read their long line resumes of BS to get your woody. NO thank You! On one hand you are to treat them all as professionals where that’s fine, Then they want to be women, have you to chase them. Then you look at them cross eyed and your accused of Sexual Harassment. This is total confusion and men are going MGTOW and refusing to date or marry. I got so fed up with the dating crap and male put downs 30 years ago I gave up and have enjoyed my single life. As far as I could tell I would just be a money generator to keep her in “Stuff” while I might see the furry thing once in a while and a chance she would cheat on me anyway.
I could care less about how she looks to her “partners” or any one else. So why does she think she is a spokes “person” for the company? The company will die a quick death unless gays, trans, and safe space restroom confused buy their product. WHAT A JOKE! PC is killing this country.

Patriottx
Patriottx
3 months ago

Exactly correct!!! They earned it, now suffer!! Votes have consequences, enjoy what you got, fools!!!!

Allen
Allen

I will never wear Victoria Secret again. ;-p

John
John
4 months ago

LOL So what will it be now? Victors Secret? Sees Candies only selling bitter chocolate? This is beyond stupid. The woke/moron virus has escaped from the Wuhan lab and has infected the corporate world!

USA
USA
4 months ago

Not sexy anymore but disgusting.

David
David
4 months ago

Can’t wait until they are aWOKEn by the financial reality of their decisions.

Patriottx
Patriottx
3 months ago
Reply to  David

Bitter sweet!!

Kimberly
Kimberly
4 months ago

This company was already failing before the COVID, this will only help. I think the store in our mall won’t be reopening. If it does I know my friends and I won’t be shopping there. Let the perverts shop there. This is why I no longer follow sports and won’t be watching the Olympics. They have gone woke…..

Art
Art
4 months ago

I definitely do not want to see that thing in lingerie!

Scotty
Scotty
4 months ago

Who wants to see an ugly, lesbian traitor in her underwear?
I don’t want to see her at all.

Katie
Katie
4 months ago

Let the Rapinoes’ of the world do what they want, wear what they want, say what they want. They have a right to do so. They apparently don’t think I have a right to the way I think and the choices I want to make. Why do we have to give up our preferences to match this Woke ideology? Victoria Secret has lost my patronage.

Mickey
Mickey
4 months ago

Yup. Spent a good bit of money at VS over the years. Won’t spend another dime there now.

Last edited 4 months ago by Mickey
Brett Gordon
4 months ago

Looks like Victoria’s Secret went the way of Harley Davidson when they sold themselves to AMF.

Original Anna
Original Anna
4 months ago

A lesbian standing in for normal women. And men and women are supposed to be listening to a lesbian with a big mouth who doesn’t want our flag around her. Well, that is really sexy. Victoria’s Secret doesn’t understand homosexuals and lesbians aren’t into the same sexual activities normals are, so what are they going to sell in the stores. Fake penises or toys instead of romantic normal sexual activity. Well, what is Victoria’s Secret answer to my question. And homosexuals including lesbians ae only 4.5% of our population so why use them when you have millions of normals to sell to normals.

DeitzHugeNuts
DeitzHugeNuts
4 months ago

I guess they will be advertising a free roll of duct tape with every pair of panties so the transvestites can tape their junk up.

Jim
Jim

Boring

vinnie
vinnie
4 months ago

Not a huge fan of VS but the Main Appeal seems to be Men that are, so what will going down this Rabbit Hole do to the Business’s Bottom Line(No Pun Intended)

Festus
Festus
4 months ago

Rapinoe is much better suited for birth control modeling. What a Boner killer! Glad I don’t have any Victoria’s stock!! Sex sells, they can’t change that. Idiots

WAYNE
WAYNE
4 months ago

I GUESS ONLY APPROPRIATE SINCE BIDEN DECLARED THE WHITE RACE THE BIGGEST THREAT TO AMERICA TODAY, THOSE BEAUTIFUL ANGEL TERRORIST MODELS HAD TO GO.

Nine Island Girl
Nine Island Girl
4 months ago

I just decided to click on this story.
LMAO, because people are dying to see men with squeezed dicks, and dykes with purple hair on the runway.
Hope it flops. They forgot Lizzo.
Won’t be watching!

Larry
Larry
4 months ago

“Back in the days of the wild west when men were men and women were glad of it!”, followed by, “Faint heart ne’er won fair lady.” regardless of microphones, media and products, those phrases still resonate today. The ones who know it, silently smile. The rest, … take a valium.

JCE
JCE
4 months ago

They will lose their main business. Who cares what Rippitoe wears to bed..she is a loser

Pgb
Pgb
4 months ago

As the saying goes,”go woke and you’ll go broke”!

Shadeed Ali
Shadeed Ali
4 months ago

Disgusting. There is nothing, nada, that is sexy about that purple head thing.

Mikey
Mikey
4 months ago

So what’s next? Playboy and the other skin magazine featuring shots of gays and transgenders instead of sexy young ladies?

RALPH MUNDY
RALPH MUNDY
2 months ago

I will never buy another Victoria’s product.
The jerk rapinoe and her ilk do not support out country or flag

RALPH MUNDY
RALPH MUNDY
2 months ago

GLAD I DON’T OWN STOCK IN YOUR COMPANY. THIS WILL TAKE YOU DOWN FAST.YOUR MANAGEMENT HAS TO BE COMPLETELY STUPID. GOD MADE A FEW MISTAKES,- RAPPINOE IS A BIG ONE.